Our Mission, History, & Leadership
WHO WE ARE
The National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Inc. (NCBW), Columbia (SC) Chapter is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization whose mission is to advocate on behalf of black women and girls to promote leadership development and gender equity in the areas of health, education, and economic empowerment.
The National Coalition of 100 Black Women Inc., Columbia (SC) Chapter’s Interest Group was convened by Mary Miller McClellan on February 25, 2012, on the campus of Benedict College. From its inception, Mary, a former member of the National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Inc., Long Island (NY) Chapter, believed that the dynamic group of women whom she had invited to join her would embrace the vision and mission of this national organization. Subsequent to completing extensive training in chapter development, the chapter was chartered by National President Michelle McNeil Emery and the NCBW, Inc. affiliates from the New York City corporate office at the Columbia (SC) Marriott on Saturday, March 29, 2014.
The Vision of the National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Inc. is to see black women and girls live in a world where socio-economic inequity does not exist.
NCBW’s Core Values are:
- Gender Equality
- Racial & Social Justice
- Integrity & Accountability
- Economic Empowerment
NCBW focuses on Health, Education, Economic Empowerment, Strategic Alliances, and Civic Engagement.
We exist to…
- Foster the principles of equal rights and opportunities;
- Promote the awareness of Black Culture;
- Develop the potential of the membership for effective leadership and participation in civic affairs;
- Take action on specific issues of national and international importance; and
- Cooperate with other persons and organizations to achieve mutual goals.
• For more information, visit our national website at www.ncbw.org.
Learn More About Our Programs & Initiatives
Tonia Johnson Alston
Cheryl L. King
Mary Miller McClellan
Don’t sit on the sidelines.
Join us today to start making a difference in the community you live in.
We are proud of the strong partnerships, alliances, and generous supporters we have established in our communities.